Like many in our profession, we believe that justice should be available to all, and we’re willing to help make that happen.
Our commitment to our wider community includes assistance through limited retainers and alternate fee arrangements as well as volunteering and contributing to professional development activities within the legal profession.
Some of our recent pro bono and public interest litigation efforts include:
- acting for the Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand in two appeals against mining interests
- acting for an individual in obtaining an order for the sale and division of a jointly-owned investment property following a relationship breakdown
- assisting an individual challenging decisions made by Government agencies in relation to an overseas adoption
Our contribution to the profession and the community in other ways also includes:
- membership of Law Society committees and professional associations
- contributing to continuing legal education through presenting at seminars and conferences
- university tutoring and mentoring