We have re-opened our office following the move to Alert Level 2. Most of our lawyers have returned to working from the office and all of us are set up to work seamlessly from the office or remotely. We have implemented procedures in relation to physical distancing, contact tracing, self-isolation (where necessary), and travel that are in line with current Government requirements and guidelines. Clients continue to have the option to participate in meetings via audio or video conference. Please reach out to any of our people if you have any questions or if we can provide further assistance.
Covid-19 has already thrown up a host of challenging legal issues and we can expect many more to come. Here are some of the areas we’re operating in already and some we expect to emerge in the weeks ahead.
Innovative dispute resolution
- With the courts closed to “non-essential” business, and significant hearing delays inevitable, innovation will be required to get the best results in this environment—including temporary ring-fencing of disputes, arbitration, mediation, expert determination, and expedited processes (binding and non-binding) for single issue resolution that can pave the way for negotiated outcomes
- Where urgent court proceedings are required, we’re ready and able to manage the whole process
Company and commercial
- Advising on delayed settlements and other anticipated failures to perform contractual undertakings
- Advising on force majeure and material adverse change clauses, and on frustration and cancellation rights
- Liquidated damages and penalties
- Statutory demands and other insolvency procedures
- Advising on delays to projects, including the doctrine of frustration, force majeure, variations and extensions of time, liquidated damages, and contract works insurance
Property and leasing
- Rent abatement, loss of access, notification obligations
- Frustration and force majeure
- Delayed settlements
- Advising insurers and insureds on business interruption insurance, liability insurance and other policies
- Advising on situations where Covid-19 has exacerbated or extended the loss on existing claims
Find out more about how we can help across our full range of specialist areas here.
Please continue to contact any of our people as usual and for general enquiries contact reception on 09 374 1100 or email email@example.com