Covid-19 has already thrown up a host of challenging legal issues, and we’re working closely alongside clients’ in-house teams, and alongside colleagues at other firms and at the bar, advising clients and advocating for them—all in whatever video or voice medium works best for them. Please reach out to any of our people and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Here are some of the areas in which we are already active and some we expect to emerge as the impact of Covid-19 continues.
Innovative dispute resolution
- Although the courts have re-opened, innovation may be required to get the best results in this environment – including temporary ring-fencing of disputes, arbitration, mediation, expert determination, and expedited processes (binding and non-binding) for single issue resolution that can pave the way for negotiated outcomes
Company and commercial
- Advising on delayed settlements and other anticipated failures to perform contractual undertakings
- Advising on force majeure and material adverse change clauses, and on frustration and cancellation rights
- Liquidated damages and penalties
- Statutory demands and other insolvency procedures
- Advising on delays to projects, including the doctrine of frustration, force majeure, variations and extensions of time, liquidated damages, and contract works insurance
Property and leasing
- Rent abatement, loss of access, notification obligations
- Frustration and force majeure
- Delayed settlements
- Advising insurers and insureds on business interruption insurance, liability insurance and other policies
- Advising on situations where Covid-19 has exacerbated or extended the loss on existing claims
Find out more about how we can help across our full range of specialist areas here.
Please continue to contact any of our people as usual and for general enquiries contact reception on 09 374 1100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org